Wednesday, August 7, 2013

New Business Cards

Well, Sarah Parker Oboe Reeds has been up and running on Etsy for a little over two weeks, and I have learned a ton about online marketing in that time period. On Monday, I had my first sale! A nice lady bought three reeds from me, and I've been hard at work getting them finished. I really wanted to have business cards that matched the shop, blog, and facebook themes to go out in the packaging with the reeds, so I turned again to the lovely Christin at Christin Thomas Design. I really can't recommend her enough, she's very easy to work with, talented and incredibly quick. This time I ordered her custom font logo design and her custom business card design.

new business card front

That's the front of the card, and I love how simple it is. The back is really fun, and I'm very excited about it, because I'm also going to be able to use it as a magnet.

new business card back

She also designed the logo in blue for me, so I can use it on white paper or on whatever I want really. I've got an idea for getting it on the reed tubes that I think will work. I'll probably do a post next week on how all the packaging works out.

new custom logo

If you're a professional musician, I can't stress to you enough how important it is to have professional looking business cards. You can use templates online or hire an affordable design professional like I did, but you need to have them. They don't have to be boring; we're in a creative industry and people appreciate seeing your personality come across on your business card. The other thing about business cards is to make sure you always have them with you (I'm frequently guilty of this). You never know when you're going to meet someone who could be a beneficial contact. You should have them in your instrument case, your purse or wallet, or heck, even in the diaper bag! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...